Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kale

Okay so I know that I already blogged tonight but I just have one more thing to share. So one of my husband's favorite foods is kale. Kale is a nutritional powerhouse and rich in calcium and other vitamins. Seriously one cup has 1327% of your needed vitamin K for the day. It has almost 200% of your Vitamin A. I could go on and on.

We have eaten kale numerous ways; in salads, smoothies, mixed in scrabbled eggs, etc. We were feeling a little creative tonight. As I was looking on allrecipes.com I found a recipe for Baked Kale Chips. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Kale-Chips/Detail.aspx?prop31=1 You probably think it sounds gross. When I read it I was very hesitant. But we tried it any way and they were AWESOME!!! I am not kidding they tasted like potato chips!

1 comment: